A Conversation with Daniel Slater, Principal, Independent Publishing, Kindle Global Content
NOTE DATE & TIME–Tuesday, November 12, 2019
7:00 pm – 8:15 p.m. (or longer)
Please be logged into the webinar at 6:50 if possible.
IWOSC/PALA members: $15
For November we will not be presenting a panel but instead, a very special WEBINAR as our monthly seminar.
Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is a fast and easy service that offers self-publishers and Indie authors the opportunity to simultaneously publish Kindle ebooks and print on demand (POD) paperbacks for free, and reach millions of readers on Amazon.
KDP provides a way for authors to get to market fast, make more money from their sales, keep control of their rights and list prices. KDP has easy and free tools to help create a professionally-designed book, and to market your book once published.
In this WEBINAR, Daniel Slater, Principal, Independent Publishing, Kindle Global Content, will present an overview of what making your eBook and POD paperback available from KDP entails, including publishing specifics, economics, and the tools, services, and resources to help you every step of the way.
- Benefits of publishing via KDP
- An overview of steps to publish an eBook and a print paperback simultaneously, and what elements are unique to each format that authors need to consider
- Best practices (metadata, product detail page information, etc.)
- What programs and services authors can consider to market their book and improve discoverability once published
- General Amazon programs author should consider using, including:
- Amazon Author Central
- Amazon Associates
Daniel will provide helpful links and resources you can follow up with, and how you can get help along the way.
Questions During the Seminar
This is a live webinar:
- During the seminar, you will be able to post questions for Daniel. (You won’t be able to speak directly.)
- On the registration form you can let Daniel know what you seek to learn or ask questions.
- If you think of something after you register, you may email that question. Info will be on your confirmation.
Please try to attend the session. It will NOT be recorded.
Handouts, links, etc. will be available after the date, but not the webinar itself.
About our presenter
Daniel was a Senior Editor at Simon & Schuster and Penguin, and after leading sales for a publishing IT firm (VISTA, now Ingenta), Daniel joined Amazon to direct early digital content services, such as Amazon Shorts.
After joining the Kindle team to help launch the device and then oversee the digital content business of over 60 major trade publishers (including the Big 5), Daniel created a team to help authors, agents, publishers, and content providers find the best solutions to help make their content available digitally and in print on Amazon.
Reservation deadline: noon Monday, November 11, the day before the seminar.
Because this is online, there is no pay-at-the-door option. You must register and pay before the deadline.
Payment options (detailed again on IWOSC.org):
- You can pay online by credit/debit card or PayPal balance. You’ll be taken to PayPal.com, then returned to this site.