How to Join the Podcast Revolution!
February 24 Panel
Podcasting is not new, but 2019 was the year this medium really took off! In 2020, the number of podcasts is expected to grow even faster. According to Podcasthosting.org, January 2020 statistics show that there are over 820,000 podcasts and over 28 million episodes. 50% of American homes are podcast fans.
In February, IWOSC will present a panel of podcasters who have taken this new path to content delivery. They’ll share their experiences, tips, missteps and the secrets to creating a killer podcast series.
Topics we plan to address include:
• Choosing a topic and title
• Finding / targeting your audience
• Where and how to record episodes
• How to plan out your episodes
• What elements should you include in your show besides interviews?
• Editing and publishing your episodes
• Selecting a podcast hosting company
• Which podcast directories to sign up for
• Promoting your podcast: How will people find and subscribe to your show?
GERALD EVERETT JONES is the host of the GetPublished! radio show. Now in its fourth year, GetPublished! is available on most popular free subscription services, including Apple iTunes, Google Play, and iHeartRadio.
DESIREE DUFFY is the creator, producer, and host of Books that Make You Show. She is the founder of Books That Make You, a multi-media brand that promotes books and authors through its award-winning website, podcast, and radio show.
Members FREE; Non-members $15
Deadline for advance registration is noon the Sunday before the meeting.
Register now for this panel <iwosc.org>
IWOSC Monday Panel
Monday, February 24, 2020
7:30 to 9:15 p.m.
(networking follows the program)
Veterans Memorial Building
4117 Overland Avenue, (corner of Culver Boulevard)
Culver City, California
Free parking; enter on Culver